September 14, 2020
The project involved all facets of EI Australia’s in-house engineering capabilities as part of construction works at the Derive Building, 71-91 Euston Road, Alexandria
Comprising a multi-story residential building over a two level basement car-park extending below the groundwater table in Alexandria. EI Australia were engaged as a one stop solution for the following Engineering disciplines:
· Structural Engineering and Design;
· Geotechnical Engineering;
· Environmental Engineering and remediation;
· Hazardous Building Materials; and
· Hydrogeology and Dewatering approvals/management.
EI Australia was initially engaged to provide a number of environmental engineering solutions including preparation of;
· Geotechnical Investigation;
· Acid Sulfate Soil Management Plan;
· Remediation Action Plan;
· Construction Environmental Management Plan;
· Site Validation & Waste Classification;
· Hazardous Materials Survey;
· Hazardous Materials Clearance Certificate;
· Asbestos in Soil Removal Plan;
· Dewatering Management Plan/approval; and
· Dewatering testing and close out reporting.
At the same time EI Australia’s Structural Engineering team were engaged by the builders to prepare all structural design documentation forthe project. This involved all aspects of the structural design process including;
· Project Design Management
· Dilapidation Assessments and Reports
· Structural Engineering including Conceptual and Full Structural Design
· Structural Design Documentation
· Pile and Foundation Design
· Reinforce Concrete & Post Tensioned Concrete design
· Steel Structures design
By better understanding the subsurface conditions both the geotechnical and structural teams were able to redesign the shoring and foundation system in a way to significantly reduce construction costs and time from the project program. The design provided a completely watertight (tanked)basement construction in record time.
This project demonstrates EI Australia’s end to end capabilities within the Built Environment and allowed our client to work with our team from start to finish on this project providing a consistent, single point of contact for these project critical requirements.
With thanks to Buildview Constructions and CD Architects.
For further information on EI Australia’s capabilities,please contact us on 02 9516 0722 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.