EI’s in-house contaminated land management (CLM) team specialises in the assessment of soil, vapour, surface water and groundwater. When contamination is confirmed, our clients rest easy in the knowledge that we have been successfully applying sustainable site remediation technologies to make sites suitable for their intended land uses for over 20 years.
Range of CLM Services
EI provide CLM services and professional support in the following areas:
- Pre-purchase and pre-sale due-diligence appraisals of site contamination
- Baseline environmental assessments (to confirm environmental conditions prior to tenancy)
- Stage 1 (Preliminary) and Stage 2 (Detailed) Site Contamination Investigations
- Groundwater impact assessments
- Hazardous material assessments
- In-situ and ex-situ soil waste classification assessments
- Environmental monitoring of landfills, soil gas, surface water, groundwater and air quality
- UPSS (underground petroleum storage systems) leakage monitoring
- Underground tank removal and destruction with tank-pit validation
- Data gap analysis and data gap closure investigations
- Soil vapour assessments and vapour intrusion risk modelling
- Human Health & Environmental Risk Assessments
- Fate and transport modelling (for sites with groundwater contamination)
- Remediation Action Plans (RAP) and Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- RAP and EMP implementation
- Site Remediation and Validation Assessments
- EPA Site Auditor liaison to achieve project sign-off and plan approval
- Advocacy through Council and EPA to achieve project approval
Remediation of Site Contamination
EI’s CLM team has the skill and experience to remediate soil and groundwater contamination in the ground (in-situ) or after excavation/ pumping (ex-situ).
After thorough evaluation of a range of remedial options to select the most feasible and sustainable strategy, in consideration of impacts to the environment, as well as technical feasibility, projected clean-up timeframes and affordability, EI can develop a remediation approach that meets with Site Auditor approval and achieves the required project outcomes.
Remedial technologies used successfully on previous projects have included:
- contaminated soils: bioremediation, in-situ stabilisation, encapsulation, vapour extraction and off-site disposal to licensed landfill; and
- contaminated groundwater: in-situ chemical oxidation, air-sparging/vapour extraction, ex-situ treatment with re-injection and monitored natural attenuation.
ACTION: Get EI’s CLM Capability Statement – Download PDF